XD!!! OK, OK, before you start hatin’ let’s go over a couple of things:
- This is more like the Vanilla Ice hip-hop – remember the dancing and stuff? That was some sort of pop hip-hop, hence the weird dance moves.
- She appears to be a dance instructor, so go back to #1, pop hip-hop from the early 90’s.
- Remember the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie? It had Vanilla Ice in it doing this type of thing (#1 again), so it is hip-hop, but at the same time it isn’t, so it is what it is, but it’s not what it isn’t.
- Something very important to remember – break-dancing or breaking is a division of Hip-Hop, so if you thought Hip-Hop had nothing to do with dancing you were wrong, Hip-Hop is far greater than a music style, it’s a whole sub-culture, if you don’t believe me read Wikipedia’s article on that subject.
- This is volume one of her series of instructional videos, you can see she’s nervous, no wonder she came up with the weird “I went to a club story.”
If you do a quick search on YouTube on Dena Rizzo you will find some of her other instructional videos, it looks like she knows what she’s doing ;).