May this unofficial holiday live on forever, especially now that we’re finally getting new sequels than go past Episode VI. I am being cautious about the Star Wars hype after getting my hopes destroyed in the prequels years ago. I’m still looking forward to it, but I’d rather not be over-hyped about it like the many boxing fans who got their hopes crushed after last night’s fight *wink* *wink*.
Anyway, StarWars.com notes that their earliest record of this pun dates back to 1979. Today people of all ages will show their love for Star Wars by either watching the original trilogy, watching the entire 6 episodes, cosplaying, or looking for new or classic merchandise.
Speaking of cosplay, if you’re not into it you’re gonna have to deal with it, and by that I mean brace yourself for the avalanche of cosplay pictures EVERYWHERE. If that makes you angry just let the hate flow through you.
If you’re into Star Wars merchandise then today is probably one of the best days to look for stuff you can’t afford. Just take a look at these list:
- The Lego shop has quite a few Star Wars exclusives that range from figures to posters.
- Amazon has an entire section dedicated to Star Wars collectibles, worth checking out.
- Cufflinks.com is offering a 40% discount on Star Wars cufflinks, ties, and clips.
- The Disney Store is offering up to 30% on merchandise because they can, I mean they own everything Star Wars related now.
- GameStop customers can use their PowerUp Rewards points to enter for a chance to win a Darth Vader costume from ANOVOS Productions and other prizes.
- eBay has quite a few deals on props and costumes.
I have the day off, so I’ll spend it looking at all the things I can’t buy, especially with Mother’s day around the corner.
By the way, I wonder how many people dressed as Spock from Star Trek will show up to Star Wars gathering just for the kicks.