Yesterday was Mother’s Day in the US, (it was on May 10th in other countries) and chances are you either forgot about it, or got her the wrong item, so here’s an infographic based on the results of a survey of over 400 moms on what they want and hate receiving on this day.
I also gathered a list of items most women hate getting on Mother’s day from different websites.
- Canned popcorn
- Diet or fitness products
- Complementary gym membership
- Exercise equipment
- Wrinkle creams
- Things that remind her of her age
- Bath stuff
- Pots and pans
- Kitchen appliances
- Cleaning equipment
- Strange kitchen gadgets
- Vulgar signs
- Self-help books
- Gift cards of gift certificates (unless it’s for a day spa)
- Empty photo frames
- Used things from a garage sale
- Wine and weird cheese baskets
- Something for you (like car care kits)
- Flip flops
- Chia pets
This wasn’t on the list, but I think one of the worst things you can do as well, is to take your mom to a cheap restaurant like IHOP or Denny’s.
So, what did you get that special some one?